All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNobody photographs the splendid and intimate cathedrals of kwledge as beautifully as Candida Hofer. This superbly produced volume contains Hofer's famously ascetic images of the Escorial in Spain, the Whitney Museum and the Pierpont Morgan Library in New York, Villa Medici in Rome and the Hamburg University Library, among others. Umberto Eco contributes an essay on libraries.
- Author BiographyCandida Hofer studied with Bernd Becher at the Dussedorf Academy of Art. Candida Hofer: A Monograph was published by Thames & Hudson in 2003. Umberto Eco is a writer, philosopher and professor of semiotics at the University of Bologna. His novel The Name of the Rose was an international bestseller.
- Author(s)Umberto Eco
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note137 colour illustrations
- Weight2110 g
- Width245 mm
- Height300 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.