All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.86
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionMattie Dinkins, the illegitimate, velvet-dark daughter of Dominic Evers, a prominent pass-for-white businessman, sees her father once a week when he visits the candy store she works in. His denial of her every other day of the week cuts so deeply that she fears, one day, she will just disappear. Jonah Reyes was saved from a life of poverty by a scholarship to an elite private school - and by the prosperous man who took an interest in him. Raised in Dominic Evers' home, the light-skinned, half-Spanish Jonah became the man's surrogate son, his protege, his business partner, and finally his son-in-law when he marries Dominic's legitimate daughter, Justice. Mattie and Jonah's first meeting at Dominic's funeral thrusts them on an emotional odyssey of discovery, ecstasy and sorrow. Together they will learn that they are more than mere reflections of Dominic Evers - free to choose who they are, who they will become...and who they will love.
- Author BiographyRoslyn Carrington has penned a weekly opinion column in Trinidad and Tobago's most established newspaper, The Guardian since 1996. In addition to A Thirst for Rain and Every Bitter Thing Sweet, she has written a collection of short stories titled Sex and Obeah.
- Author(s)Roslyn Carrington
- PublisherKensington Publishing
- Date of Publication08/01/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date01/07/2010
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight356 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.