CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionMuddy Waters bestrides American music like a colossus. He invented electric blues and created the foundation for rock and roll. Leaving behind the cotton fields of rural Mississippi, he moved to Chicago, plugged in an electric guitar and changed the world. In Can't Be Satisfied, Robert Gordon gives us Muddy's epic, rollicking, up and down life as we've never read it before. Combining the most extensive research and interviews ever done on Muddy with a writing style as rich, poetic and powerful as the music he writes about, Gordon transports us: we are alongside Muddy in the cotton fields as he is discovered by Alan Lomax; we are on the South Side of Chicago as Muddy and his band become stars and invators; and we follow Muddy through scores of women, hits, bottles of booze and moments of divine grace. A must for blues and rock fans, Can't Be Satisfied is a brilliant work of musical archaeology.
- Author BiographyRobert Gordon has written for major music magazines in the US and England, and has contributed to several books. Gordon is the author of It Came From Memphis, a book about Memphis music and culture published in 1995. His book about Elvis on tour, The King on the Road, was published in 1996. He lives in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Robert Gordon
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication25/07/2002
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Out-of-print date29/04/2005
- Content Notefacsimiles, music, portraits
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Foreword byKeith Richards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.