All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionSolo travel today is anything but solitary, with the familiar glow of techlogy and nearly sentient gear as common companions. But for decades one especially daring traveler has set off into the wilderness with little more than a sense of adventure. Dick Griffith is an Alaska legend who made his name with a string of fearless firsts: packrafting down the Green and Colorado Rivers, skiing solo across the icy Northwest Passage, and being the first nnative to drop into the treacherous Barranca Del Cobre in Mexico. The first full biography of Griffith, Canyons and Ice offers a rare look at the man behind the soaring achievements and occasionally death-defying moments. Both a grand tale of adventure and a reflection on what motivates a man to traverse some of the most remote places on earth, it will set fire to readers' adventurous spirits.
- Author BiographyKaylene Johnson is the author of five books and numerous articles about Alaska and the people who live there. She lives in Eagle River, Alaska.
- Author(s)Kaylene Johnson
- PublisherEmber Press
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Series TitleEmber Press
- Place of PublicationEagle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEmber Press
- Content Note110 colour plates, 3 maps
- Weight746 g
- Width179 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.