Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionBeware, armchair travellers, this book may create a yearning that only walks along the Cape's streets and coves will satisfy. For those who have visited the Cape, it will conjure up recollections of an idyllic vacation. For natives, it will be like reading a letter from home in picture and verse. The picturesque images capture a way of life that is both historic and stalgic. Over two hundred vintage postcards, from the early 1900s through the 1950s, display carefree times in the Cape's small towns, quiet beaches, and bustling harbours. Verses by the Cape's celebrated writer and poet, Joseph Crosby Lincoln, are interspersed amid the charming images.
- Author BiographyKaren Choppa has labored in the world of vintage ephemera and illustrated arts for many years. Her previous publications include work on artist Besse Pease Gutman. Mary L. Martin is proprietress of the Mary Martin Postcards, a three-generation family business and the largest postcard operation in the world.
- Author(s)Karen Choppa
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication07/03/2006
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note247 vintage postcards
- Weight690 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.