Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.50+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by newnuseddvdbookscds
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.37
About this product
- DescriptionAn evil wind blows through the air of Bass Strait, promising the birth of a charismatic child. On the far rthwest coast of tasmania at Cape Grimm lies the isolates community of Skye, which practises a religion that reveres the imagination. When Caleb Mean is born, his grandmother has a vision telling her he is the Chosen One. On Caleb's 33rd birthday, he locks the whole community into the meeting hall and incinerates them. the only survivors are Caleb, his lover Virginia, and their baby daughter, Golden. How could such a thing happen? Do the answers lie in the history of Skye itself, founded by the unlikely survivors of a 19th-century shipwreck? Or do the only real clues lie in the dark truths of fairytales? Cape Grimm is a chilling and bewitching vel about the terrible power of faith, and confirms Carmel Bird as one of our finest and most original writers.
- Author BiographyCarmel Bird is one of Australia's most dazzling and imaginative writers. She is a leading author of short stories (see the collection THE ESSENTIAL BIRD) and novels, including the Miles Franklin-shortlisted RED SHOES and, most recently, CAPE GRIMM. She is also the author of the non-fiction guide WRITING THE STORY OF YOUR LIFE.
- Author(s)Carmel Bird
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2005
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationPymble, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFourth Estate
- Weight220 g
- Width147 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.