All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday, a rich tapestry of local recipes graces our tables at the Cape. Like a fine blended wine, Cape cuisine offers complexity, richness and a host of subtle and exotic nuances to delight the most discerning and adventurous of palates. For more than three centuries, the Cape has continued to provide for the needs of visitors from all parts of the world, making it truly worthy of its title of old, 'Tavern of the Seas'. The flavours of the Cape were initially influenced by the first settlers, the Dutch who arrived in 1652. Within two weeks of arriving in South Africa, they laid out a vegetable garden and cultivated seeds that they brought with them from abroad. The Strandlopers, French Huguets, Malay slaves, Germans and the English all contributed to the melting pot of flavours that are still in evidence today. Cape flavours and traditions is a little book of gastromic delight. It brims with history, unique South African recipes, and will hopefully inspire you to cook flamboyantly.
- Author BiographySophia Lindop was born on a farm near Douglas, a small village in the Northern Cape province of South Africa, where she grew up in an environment characterised by old-fashioned values. She developed a passion for the wide outdoors, for nature and for people from all different walks of life. Sophia is zealous about food and wine and displayed an aptitude for cooking from the age of five.
- Author(s)Sophia Lindop
- PublisherJacana Media (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJacana Media
- Weight320 g
- Width160 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Neil Austin
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.