All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $21.13Free postage
- AU $23.44Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionJames McQuade, a young handsome marine biologist sails on a whaler into the Antarctic. On board is Victoria Rhodes, one of a number of nurses, and James falls hopelessly in love with her. However, other members of the crew, who range from ordinary as seamen go to very rough personalities, also lust after Victoria. Her origins become the centre of attention and an air of mystery surrounds her. Following a return to port in Cape Town drama ensues and startling facts emerge. The author depicts the brutality of both whaling and human behaviour with holds barred and undeniable insight in this thrilling vel. It is packed with adventure, sexual frustrations, and mystery.
- Author BiographyJohn Gordon Davis was born in Southern Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe, and educated in South Africa. He earned a BA in Political Science, paying his way through university by working as a deckhand on British merchant ships and on the Dutch whaling fleet at the Antarctic. He went on to take an LL.B. degree whilst serving as a judge's clerk in Rhodesia. Called to the Bar, he was appointed an assistant public prosecutor in the Magistrate's Courts during the troubled years leading up to Rhodesia's Unilateral Declaration of Independence, before becoming Crown Counsel in the Attorney General's Chambers. He was later appointed to the same position in Hong Kong. He quit this post to become a full-time writer when his first book, Hold My Hand I'm Dying became an instant best-seller. Other bestselling novels followed. A veteran seaman; he and his Australian born wife, Rosemary, sailed round most of the world in a succession of yachts. Upon retirement, they travelled widely and from their home in a lovely old Spanish farmhouse in Andalucia, Spain, he also ran highly successful writing courses for both aspiring and published authors. John Gordon Davis sadly died in 2014 leaving behind a rich literary heritage, including several unpublished novels he had worked on even as he supposedly slowed the pace.
- Author(s)John Gordon Davis
- PublisherHouse of Stratus
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationKelly Bray
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1970
- ImprintHouse of Stratus
- Weight550 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.