All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.03Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionThe development of PCR, which enables extremely small amounts of DNA to be amplified, led to the rapid development of a multiplicity of a- lytical procedures that permit use of this new resource for the analysis of genetic variation and for the detection of disease-causing mutations. The advent of capillary electrophoresis (CE), with its power to separate and a- lyze very small amounts of DNA, has also stimulated researchers to develop analytical procedures for the CE format. The advantages of CE in terms of speed and reproducibility of analyses are manifold. Furthermore, the high s- sitivity of detection, and the ability to increase sample throughput with par- lel analysis, has led to the creation of a full range of analysis of DNA molecules, from modified DNA adducts and single-strand oligonucleotides through PCR-amplified DNA fragments and whole chromosomes. Capillary Elect- phoresis of Nucleic Acids focuses on analytical protocols that can be used for detection and analysis of mutations and modification, from precise DNA loci through entire gemes of organisms. Important practical considerations for CE, such as the choice of separation media, electrophoresis conditions, and the influence of buffer additives and dyes on DNA mobility, are discussed in several key chapters and within particular applications.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number162
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight731 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJing Cheng,Keith R. Mitchelson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2001
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.