Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.74Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA lot has happened in the financial markets since 1992, when Peter Bernstein wrote his seminal Capital Ideas. Happily, Peter has taken up his facile pen again to describe these changes, a virtual revolution in the practice of investing that relies heavily on complex mathematics, derivatives, hedging, and hyperactive trading. This fine and eminently readable book is unlikely to be surpassed as the definitive chronicle of a truly historic era. - John C. Bogle , founder of The Vanguard Group and author, The Little Book of Common Sense Investing Just as Dante could t have understood or survived the perils of the Infer without Virgil to guide him, investors today need Peter Bernstein to help find their way across dark and shifting ground. No one alive understands Wall Street's intellectual history better, and that makes Bernstein our best and wisest guide to the future. He is the only person who could have written this book; thank goodness he did. - Jason Zweig , Investing Columnist, Mone y magazine Ather must-read from Peter Bernstein! This well-written and thought-provoking book provides valuable insights on how key finance theories have evolved from their ivory tower formulation to profitable application by portfolio managers. This book will certainly be read with keen interest by, and undoubtedly influence, a wide range of participants in international finance. - Dr. Mohamed A. El-Erian , President and CEO of Harvard Management Company, Deputy Treasurer of Harvard University, and member of the faculty of the Harvard Business School Reading Capital Ideas Evolving is an experience t to be missed. Peter Bernstein's kwledge of the principal characters-the giants in the development of investment theory and practice-brings this subject to life. - Linda B. Strumpf , Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, The Ford Foundation With great clarity, Peter Bernstein introduces us to the insights of investment giants, and explains how they transformed financial theory into portfolio practice. This is t just a tale of money and models; it is a fascinating and contemporary story about people and the power of their ideas. - Elroy Dimson , BGI Professor of Investment Management, London Business School Capital Ideas Evolving provides us with a unique appreciation for the pervasive impact that the theory of modern finance has had on the development of our capital markets. Peter Bernstein once again has produced a masterpiece that is must reading for practitioners, educators and students of finance. - Andre F. Perold , Professor of Finance, Harvard Business School
- Author BiographyPeter L. Bernstein is President of Peter L. Bernstein, Inc., an investment con-sultant firm he founded in 1973, after many years of managing billions of dollars in individual and institutional portfolios. Bernstein is also the author of ten books on economics and finance, including the bestselling Capital Ideas , Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk , and The Power of Gold: The History of an Obsession . He has lectured widely throughout the United States and abroad, and has received the highest honors from his peers in the investment profession.
- Author(s)Peter L. Bernstein
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/04/2009
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width141 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.