All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a defense of the scriptural and traditional Catholic position of support for capital punishment in response to calls for its abolition. Based on scripture and tradition, calls for abolition are premature, though, in a positive sense, the call has generated a renewed focus on t only the magisterial history of this most ancient of teachings, but also its theological resonance within the expression of that teaching by the Fathers of the Church-ancient and modern-who most deeply reflected on it. While Catholic social teaching has always supported capital punishment, it has been opposed by some in the Catholic hierarchy as an unnecessary criminal justice tool, with current criminal justice techlogy being presented as providing adequate protection of the incent against the aggressor.
- Author BiographyDavid H. Lukenbill was a criminal-thief and robber-for 20 years, serving 12 of those years in maximum security federal and state prisons. He eventually transformed himself through education, (AA in Criminal Justice-Sacramento City College; BS in Organizational Behavior and Masters in Public Administration-University of San Francisco) many years developing and working with criminal transformative organizations (including founding and directing, for three years, one of the most successful college-based programs for former criminals in California) studying the social teaching, and God's grace discovering and being baptized into the Catholic Church.
- Author(s)David H Lukenbill
- PublisherLampstand Foundation
- Date of Publication13/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLampstand Foundation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.