All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPolitics is thing new to Washington, D.C., even in the arena marked off with base paths and outfield grass. The stadium for the expansion Washington Nationals baseball team cost over $600 million dollars and while opponents decried the waste of taxpayer money, supporters promised the stadium would generate ecomic development. Land swaps, closed-door deals, and valuable parking-lot strategies were as complex as any strategy employed on the diamond. The district's past stadiums, tracks and Olympics facilities are archived and described in this history, along with their political backdrops. It features drawings, photographs and maps.
- Author BiographyBrett L. Abrams is an archivist with the National Archives and Records Administration in Washington, D.C., and author of Hollywood Bohemians: Transgressive Sexuality and the Selling of the Movieland Dream (McFarland, 2008).
- Author(s)Brett L. Abrams
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotos, maps, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight408 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.