Capitalism and the Historians: Essays by T.S.Ashton, L.M.Hacker, W.H.Hutt, B.De Jouvenel by W.H. Hutt, Louis Hacker, F. A. Hayek, T. S. Ashton, Bertrand de Jouvenel (Hardback, 1963)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe views generally held about the rise of the factory system in Britain derive from highly distorted accounts of the social consequences of that system, so say the ecomic historians whose papers make up this volume. The authors offer documentary evidence to support their conclusion that under capitalism the workers, despite long hours and other hardships of factory life, were better off financially, had more opportunities, and led a better life than had been the case before the Industrial Revolution.
- Author BiographyF. A. Hayek (1899-1992), recipient of the Medal of Freedom in 1991 and co-winner of the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics in 1974, was a pioneer in monetary theoryand a leading proponent of classical liberalism in the twentieth century. He taught at the University of London, the University of Chicago, and the University of Freiburg.
- Author(s)Bertrand de Jouvenel,F. A. Hayek,Louis Hacker,T. S. Ashton,W.H. Hutt
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1963
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight208 g
- Width117 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byF. A. Hayek
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.