All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCapone is a visual retelling of the rise and eventual fall of Chicago's most torious gangster: Alphonse Scarface Capone. Comprised of many previously unreleased photographs from the Chicago Tribune's vast archives, Capone reveals the Roaring Twenties and the early days of organized crime. Taken from 1926 to 1952, these photos focus on Capone and his extended network of family, friends, and enemies. All the photos -- high-quality scans of original glass-plate negatives -- are historically significant for both those interested in Capone and photography buffs in general. The first section covers Al Capone's luxurious and illicit gangster lifestyle, including vacation homes, mob funerals, and gun-toting arrests up to and including the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre of 1929. Part two documents Capone's 1931 arrest, trial, and sentencing on charges of defrauding the government. The third section introduces a mob target who evaded assassination for decades, and ather who wasn't so lucky. Part four follows up with Al Capone's brother, Ralph, and the final section focuses on Capone's death.
- Author BiographyThe Chicago Tribune, founded in 1847, is the flagship newspaper of the Tribune Company. Its staff comprises dedicated, award-winning journalists who have authored many best-selling books. Jonathan Eig is the best-selling author of Luckiest Man: The Life and Death of Lou Gehrig and Opening Day: The Story of Jackie Robinson's First Season. His most recent book is Get Capone, which The New York Times called a gore-spattered thriller. A former senior writer for The Wall Street Journal, Eig lives in Chicago with his wife and children.
- PublisherAgate Publishing
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAgate Publishing
- Content NoteB&W photos
- Weight814 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byChicago Tribune
- Introduction byJonathan Eig
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.