Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.82Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.12Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $41.07
About this product
- DescriptionIt's almost Valentine's Day, and the North Pole has been a gloomy place since the day after Christmas. Santa Claus is depressed by the thought of children who are suffering from tragedy and hardship, and the elves don't kw what to do to get him back to his jolly old self! Then along comes Captain Candy Cane-the sprightly guardian of the Spirit of Christmas-and her dog Swball. Captain Candy Cane brings a present for Santa: jewels containing magical messages from three children who have never experienced the Christmas traditions of presents and lights and candy that are so familiar to many American children. These three have faced fear, uncertainty, hunger and cold, but they have met people whose acts of selflessness brought them contentment and even joy. The children's messages of hope and happiness restore Santa's Christmas Spirit and faith in humanity. And Captain Candy Cane's gift shows how all of us can brighten the world we live in-wherever we are and whatever we believe--by living year-round according to values often associated with Christmastime. Creator/illustrator Georgia Pearson Williams has traveled around the world and seen many children's needs firsthand. Writer Jessica Vining Lower is an English professor and the mother of two young boys. Both Georgia and Jessica love Christmas, and believe that it is about much more than stockings and reindeer!
- Author(s)Georgia Pearson Williams
- Date of Publication09/12/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight99 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.