All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionOne of photography's true greats, Henri Cartier-Bresson, nailed photography perfectly when he coined the phrase 'the decisive moment'. So perfectly, in fact, that it has foiled all attempts to escape the single, crucial idea of what photography, and photography alone, can do. Capturing the Moment deals with the unique power of photography to capture slices of time and life. What it is t is a book about shutter speed. It is about gesture, expression, things just touching and others about to happen a kiss, a ball in the net, an expression of delight, a glass about to shatter in pieces on the floor. Moment in all its forms is the true core of photography, and Michael Freeman will explain how to anticipate it, recognise it, choose it, and so capture it.
- Author BiographyMichael Freeman, professional photographer and best-selling author, was born in England in 1945, took a Masters in Geography at Brasenose College, Oxford University, and then worked in advertising in London for six years. In 1971 he made the life-changing decision to travel up the Amazon with two secondhand cameras, and when Time-Life used many of the pictures he came back with, he embarked on a full-time photographic career. Since then, working for clients that include all the world's major magazines, most notably the Smithsonian Magazine (for which he has shot more than 40 stories over 30 years), Freeman's reputation as one of the world's leading reportage photographers has been consolidated. Of his many books, which have sold over 4 million copies worldwide, more than 60 titles are on the practice of photography. For this photographic educational work he was awarded the Prix Louis Philippe Clerc by the French Ministry of Culture. Freeman's books on photography have been translated into 27 languages.
- Author(s)Michael Freeman
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication20/10/2014
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations (colour)
- Weight996 g
- Width256 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.