All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionOn the day her first book came out--a new translation of Dark Night of the Soul by Saint John of the Cross--Mirabai Starr's daughter, Jenny, was killed in a car accident. My spiritual life began the day my daughter died, writes Mirabai. Even with decades of spiritual practice and a deep immersion in the greatest mystical texts, she found herself utterly unprepared for my most powerful catalyst for transformation, my fiercest and most compassionate teacher. With Caravan of No Despair, Mirabai shares an irreverent, uplifting, and intimate memoir of her extraordinary life journey. Through the many twists and turns of her life--including a tangled relationship with a charlatan-guru, her unexpected connection with the great Christian mystics, and the loss of her daughter--Mirabai finds the courage to remain open and defenseless before the mystery of the divine. Tragedy and trauma are t guarantees for a transformational spiritual experience, writes Mirabai Starr, but they are opportunities. They are invitations to sit in the fire and allow it to transfigure us.
- Author BiographyMirabai StarrMirabai Starr teaches philosophy and world religions at the University of New Mexico, and is the author of new translations of Dark Night of the Soul by John of the Cross and The Interior Castle and The Book of My Life by Teresa of Avila. She lives in Taos.
- Author(s)Mirabai Starr
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication16/11/2015
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.