All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMark Miller, a member of the American Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, is called upon to locate the missing wife, a young American woman, of an Afghan engineer and return her to her distraught family, in the years following World War II. Reprint. 20,000 first printing.
- Author Biography<b>James A. Michener</b> was one of the world s most popular writers, the author of more than forty books of fiction and nonfiction, including the Pulitzer Prize winning <i>Tales of the South Pacific, </i>the bestselling novels <i>The Source, Hawaii, Alaska, Chesapeake, Centennial, Texas, Caribbean, </i>and <i>Caravans, </i>and the memoir <i>The World Is My Home</i>. Michener served on the advisory council to NASA and the International Broadcast Board, which oversees the Voice of America. Among dozens of awards and honors, he received America s highest civilian award, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, in 1977, and an award from the President s Committee on the Arts and Humanities in 1983 for his commitment to art in America. Michener died in 1997 at the age of ninety.
- Author(s)James A. Michener
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication26/03/2004
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Weight270 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.