All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionCarbenes, nitrenes, and arynes are of great interest to chemists because of the central role they play, as the key intermediates, in a wide range of chemical reactions. Their study has illuminated many aspects of synthetic and mechanistic chemistry. Their organic chemistry has developed ermously over the last ten to fifteen years so that w a fairly clear pattern of reactions and reactivity, strikingly similar for all three, has emerged. Partly because of this, but also because of the many unsolved problems and gaps in our present kwledge, it w seems appropriate to present a comparative account of their chemistry. Our approach is a simple, descriptive one that nevertheless attempts to bring the reader as nearly up-to-date as possible; there is considerable emphasis on recent work in the text and the problems. We have been selective rather than comprehensive, have concentrated on underlying principles, and have tried to emphasize what can, and what cant, reasonably be claimed on the basis of the available experimental evidence. (The development of this area of organic chemistry could weil serve as a cauti'onary tale in this respect. ) We have written the book primarily at the advanced student level but it should also be useful to postgraduates students and to more experienced chemists. Some of the problems are at a rather more advanced level, the aim being to extend the reader's kwledge and understanding and to direct him to some recent originalliterature.
- Author(s)T. L. Gilchrist
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/06/2012
- Series TitleStudies in Modern Chemistry (Closed)
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight215 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1969
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.