All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionSeventeen hard science fiction tales by today's top authorsHard science fiction is the literature of change, rigorously examining the impact--both beneficial and dangerous--of science and techlogy on humanity, the future, and the cosmos. As science advances, expanding our kwledge of the universe, astounding new frontiers in storytelling open up as well.In Carbide Tipped Pens, over a dozen of today's most creative imaginations explore these frontiers, carrying on the grand tradition of such legendary masters as Isaac Asimov, Robert Heinlein, and John W. Campbell, while bringing hard science fiction into the 21st century by extrapolating from the latest scientific developments and discoveries. Ranging from ancient China to the outer reaches of the solar system, this outstanding collection of original stories, written by an international roster of authors, finds wonder, terror, and gripping human drama in topics as diverse as space exploration, artificial intelligence, biotechlogy, climate change, alternate history, the search for extraterrestrial intelligence, interplanetary war, and even the future of baseball. From tattoos that treat allergies to hazardous missions to Mars and beyond, from the end of the world to the farthest limits of human invention, Carbide Tipped Pens turns startling new ideas into state-of-the art science fiction.Includes stories by Ben Bova, Gregory Benford, Robert Reed, Aliette de Bodard, Jack McDevitt, Howard Hendrix, Daniel H. Wilson, and many others!
- Author BiographyBEN BOVA is a six-time winner of the Hugo Award, a former editor of Analog, and former editorial director of Omni. Bova is the author of more than a hundred works of science fact and fiction, most recently, Transhuman, New Earth, and New Frontiers He lives in Florida.ERIC CHOI is an aerospace engineer as well as an award-winning author and editor. He has worked on a number of space missions including the Phoenix Mars Lander and the Canadarm2 on the International Space Station. Choi also co-edited the anthology The Dragon and the Stars with Derwin Mak.
- Author(s)Ben Bova,Eric Choi
- PublisherTor Books
- Date of Publication02/12/2014
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTor Books
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byBen Bova,Eric Choi
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.