All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionThe first thing you can count on in any collection from Mark Schultz is a kind of subject matter, featuring outre situations involving daring men and women, and, often, fearsome beasts. The second thing you can count on is his allegiance to certain graphic medium--generally brush and ink, and graphite and charcoal, but sometimes watercolor too. The third thing you can count on is that, although the subject matter and media stay consistent, his design, draftsmanship and control of his presentation are always evolving and growing, Here, in Carbon 2, his work has become ticeably bolder--more viscerally engaging. Carbon 2 follows its predecessor by three years, and in those years Mark's work has become something more solid, and at times almost sculptural, as he continues to refine his attempts to put to paper the visions he sees in his head. Featuring conceptual studies as well as finishes, Carbon 2 gives us a look into that process. Of course there are plenty of lovely warrior women, including more in the Pulpette series, as well as portraits of his Xezoic characters, Hannah Dundee and Jack Tenrec, negotiating dire straits. There is also sword and sorcery, ancient mythic tableaus, and otherworldly science fiction to satisfy the most diverse tastes. And there are preliminaries and rejected pieces from Storms at Sea, and, (spoiler alert) design work and character studies from Mark's new in-progress Xezoic graphic vel. Qua hoon! The large-format Carbon 2 will feature over 50 of Mark's newest works across its pages.
- Author BiographyMark Schultz is an American cartoonist, illustrator and writer who works with varying amounts of pictures and words, as a story requires. His interests in adventure fiction and the sciences led him to create his award-winning Xenozoic Tales comics series. He has illustrated a collection of Robert E. Howard's Conan of Cimmeria and written the science primer The Stuff of Life: A Graphic Guide to Genetics and DNA. His illustrated novella, Storms at Sea, was released in 2015. Currently, he scripts the adventures of Prince Valiant for the Sunday funnies, produces cover images and commissions as collected herein, and, most importantly, is hard at work on a new Xenozoic graphic novel (long funnybook).
- PublisherFlesk Publications
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationSanta Cruz
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFlesk Publications
- Content NoteColor and B&W illustrations throughout
- Weight371 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mark Schultz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.