CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the latest available kwledge on ways to reduce CO2 in the atmosphere! The problem of quickly mounting CO2 emissions in the fast-developing Latin American region was addressed in a symposium held in Piracicaba, Brazil, in June 2004. Carbon Sequestration in Soils of Latin America presents the latest available kwledge in soil C sequestration and improved land and soil management which can also lead to other positive effects, such as greater fertility of soil and higher crop yields. This text, in easy-to-understand language, comprehensively reviews ways to best transform various soils from being a source of carbon released into the atmosphere to become a sink for carbon absorption. Carbon Sequestration in Soils of Latin America presents a full-rounded explanation of this information in four sections. The first section gives detailed background information about the region, its climate, and the differing soils, along with basic concepts behind the science. The second section describes recommended management practices and rates of soil C sequestration. The third section thoroughly deals with methods of assessment of soil C. The last section provides a summary of recommendations for further research and development. The book is extensively referenced and contains numerous figures, tables, and photographs. Topics in Carbon Sequestration in Soils of Latin America include: * soil eco-regions and principal biomes of Latin America * soil carbon stock in principal ecosystems of Latin America * rates of carbon sequestration in different eco-regions for predominant land use and management * the role of the Amazon region in mitigating climate change * the importance of tropical savannas of Latin America in mitigating global warming * invative methods of assessment of soil carbon pool * trading carbon credits * designing pilot soil carbon sequestration projects * potential of soil carbon sequestration in Latin America * priorities and recommendations for future research Carbon Sequestration in Soils of Latin America is a comprehensive, essential resource for land managers, policymakers, educators, students, and researchers.
- Author(s)Jorge Etchevers,Martial Bernoux
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Weight907 g
- Width152 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byCarlos C. Cerri,Rattan Lal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.