Carbonate Stone: Chemical Behaviour, Durability, and Conservation by Jayanta K. Bandyopadhyay, K. Lal Gauri (Hardback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $507.91+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionA Practical, Quantitative Approach to Conservation Methodology What can be done about the harmful effects of industrial pollutants on carbonate stone monuments, buildings, and sites? Here is an important guide to this phemen of the twentieth century. Written by two conservation techlogy experts with an intimate kwledge of the restoration of major world monuments, Carbonate Stone: Chemical Behavior, Durability, and Conservation covers: Properties of carbonate rocks affecting the weathering of stone Weathering mechanisms in polluted and natural environments, plus biodeterioration Mathematical modeling for reaction rates and durability factors The use of porosimetry in determining rock durability Conservation methodologies from the real world The theory of neural networks and their application to correlate large volumes of chemical and physical data Application of archaeology to geochrology
- Author BiographyK. LAL GAURI, PhD, a Professor Emeritus at the University of Louisville, obtained a PhD in geology at the University of Bonn, Germany. After postdoctoral research at California Institute of Technology, he joined the University of Louisville in 1966, retiring in 1998. A permanent member of the committee of the International Congress on Deterioration and Preservation of Stone Objects, Dr. Gauri was president of its Fourth Congress, held in Louisville in 1982. He was the president of Sigma--Xi's Louisville chapter in 1974 and 1994. JAYANTA K. BANDYOPADHYAY, PhD, received his PhD in chemical engineering from Jadavpur University, India. As a research fellow at National Chemical Laboratory, he came to join Dr. Gauri as a research associate in 1993. He is presently a Research Engineer at United Catalysts, USA. He is a life member of the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers and a member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers and the American Chemical Society. Dr. Bandyopadhyay has contributed to the modeling techniques described in this book, in addition to writing the Web component of the book.
- Author(s)Jayanta K. Bandyopadhyay,K. Lal Gauri
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication10/11/1999
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight624 g
- Width168 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.