All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors draw on their extensive early years experience to provide a comprehensive and up-to-date review of the key issues in the field of early childhood care and education. In this fully updated and revised new edition, rewritten to include the new Early Years Foundation Stage, students will find that this text w meets the needs of students on Foundation degrees, Early Childhood Degrees and the new Early Years Professional qualification. Topics covered in this essential textbook include: * an overview of the principles of effective practice discussions on equal opportunities and children's rights * an update of the latest development theories relating to brain development and how children learn and the difficulties children may face in their learning * investigations into what working with parents really means * consideration of the different early years systems in operation * summaries of key management issues and useful information on how to address them * comparison with European perspectives on early years care and education * the importance of play in children's early learning. Readers of this second edition will also find the expansion of existing chapters in order to include topics such as inclusion, transitions, child protection in relation to the internet and partnerships with parents. The book covers the whole age range from birth to eight years with a special section on the birth to three years age group. Each chapter is fully referenced and has case studies or reflective practice boxes within the text. Informative and engaging, the book challenges the reader to think about how underlying theory may be reflected in practice. It will be essential reading for all students who are studying for early childhood qualifications at levels four, five and six.
- Author BiographyAudrey Curtis was formerly World President of OMEP (World Organisation for Early Childhood Education) and now acts as a consultant. Maureen O'Hagan was formerly Director of Quality Assurance at CACHE (Council for Awards in Children's Care and Education). She now works as a freelance consultant.
- Author(s)Audrey Curtis,Maureen O'Hagan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones
- Weight376 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.