Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionFew experiences stir the emotions and throw a person into crisis as illness does. It affects t only the body but also the spirit and soul. Illness is about life and death, fear and hope, love and conflict, spirit and body. And yet, the healthcare system is t structured around these considerations - our doctors and other medical professionals are t trained to deal with the whole person. Care of the Soul In Medicine is Moore's manifesto about the future of healthcare. In this new vision of care, Moore speaks to the importance of healing a person rather than simply treating a body. He gives advice to both healthcare providers and patients for maintaining dignity and humanity. He provides spiritual guidance for dealing with feelings of mortality and threat, encouraging patients to t only take an active part in healing but also to view illness as a positive passage to new awareness. While we don't fully understand the extent to which healing depends on attitude, it has been shown that healing needs to focus on more than the body. The future of medicine is t only in new technical developments and research discoveries, it is also in appreciating the state of soul and spirit in illness. Care of the Soul In Medicine is the perfect guide to this powerful holistic approach.
- Author BiographyBestselling author and psychotherapist Thomas Moore has written numerous books on spirituality, including Writing in the Sand, Soul Mates, Life at Work, and the New York Times bestseller Care of the Soul. Born in Detroit, Michigan, to an Irish Catholic family, Moore devoted his life to the study of theology, world religions, Jungian and archetypal psychology, the history of art, and world mythology. He currently lives in New Hampshire.
- Author(s)Thomas Moore
- PublisherHay House UK Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2012
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHay House UK Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight375 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.