All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCareer Development: A Human Resource Development Perspective offers a strategic framework that demonstrates the role of career development within the human resource function. It goes beyond conventional interventions and includes key topics such as diversity, work-life balance, and ethics. Historically, the career development literature has been viewed either from the perspective of the individual (how to build a career) or from an ecomic perspective (how an organization benefits from developing employees). In this book, McDonald and Hite bring together the strengths of both traditions, offering an integrated framework for career development. The theoretical foundation expands on the counseling literature by incorporating the literature from human resource development and related fields. The application section reflects on the wide range of ages and working options that characterize the current and future workplace. The final section of the book addresses career development issues such as managing a diverse, global workforce; ethics; and work-life balance. This book will help prepare human resource development students, scholars, and practitioners to develop and maintain successful career development programs, and to foster more invative research that advances the discourse.
- Author BiographyKimberly McDonald is Professor of Organizational Leadership and Supervision at Indiana-Purdue University Fort Wayne, USA. Her research focuses on career development, ethical issues in human resource development, and diversity education. She recently completed her term as editor-in-chief of the journal Advances in Developing Human Resources. Linda Hite is Professor of Organizational Leadership and Supervision at Indiana-Purdue University Fort Wayne, USA. Her research focuses on workforce diversity, career development, and diversity education. She has been book and media review editor for New Horizons in Adult Education and Human Resource Development.
- Author(s)Kimberly McDonald,Linda Hite
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.