All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCareers and Talent Management challenges and deconstructs the tion of the perfect career in order to provide new perspectives on talent management and career creation. It argues that the skills that organizations typically look for as indicative<STRIKE> of superstar performance are t necessarily those that lead to competitive advantage. Attracting and retaining talent is both challenging and complex for organizations, since it is t kwn, especially at the top level, which employee skills will be most valuable in helping the organization be competitive globally. In this thoughtful book, Reis bucks the trend on emerging super talents, critically analyzing topics related to the field of general management, careers and talent management - such as leadership, entrepreneurship, gender, and diversity - to demonstrate the range of employee skills that can benefit an organization globally. Chapter focuses include global entrepreneurship, remote business practices, and social responsibility. These new perspectives on talent management will help students of human resource management think critically about the implications of pursuing or encouraging a perfect career trajectory.
- Author BiographyCristina Reis is Associate Professor of Management at the RC Group Research, USA, and has been Visiting Professor and Research Fellow in several European countries. She has several publications in scientific and business journals and is co-editor of Careers without Borders, also published by Routledge.
- Author(s)Cristina Reis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/12/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Focus on Business and Management
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.