All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the essential resource and job-hunting guide for all those interested in international careers in the US government, multinational corporations, banks, consulting companies, international and ngovernmental organizations, the media, think tanks, universities, and more. Careers in International Affairs, w in its ninth edition, provides up-to-date insights about the range of possibilities in the global workplace and tips on how to get these jobs-along with profiles of hundreds of important employers. This helpful guide includes a directory of more than 250 organizations who offer internationally oriented jobs such as the US Department of State, CIA, United Nations, World Bank, J.P. Morgan Chase, Google, McKinsey & Company, and dozens more. The book also includes insightful testimonies about what these careers are really like from both junior and senior professionals in these fields. Careers in International Affairs gives advice on academic paths that will prepare students for demanding international careers and guidance on how to write resumes, interview for jobs, network, and maintain their online profile. Published in cooperation with the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University, the oldest school of international affairs in the United States, Careers in International Affairs will encourage job seekers to consider their goals and talents, widen their horizons to consider new possibilities, and help them realize that their future can hold several careers, while reminding all that it is never too early-or too late-to consider the realm of opportunities that await them throughout the world.
- Author BiographyLaura E. Cressey was formerly the internship coordinator at the Masters of Science in Foreign Service program at Georgetown University's Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service. She has worked at Booz Allen Hamilton, and is currently an employee of the Department of State. Barrett J. Helmer and Jennifer E. Steffensen are graduates of the Masters of Science in Foreign Service program at Georgetown University.
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication23/07/2014
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Note7 tables, 5 figures, 39 text boxes, 5 figures, 7 tables
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBarrett J. Helmer,Jennifer E. Steffensen,Laura E. Cressey
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.