CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout his career and life Gary Sprake, the Leeds Utd and Welsh International goalkeeper, has been a controversial figure and his name has generated ermous debate for decades. Gary is best kwn for his five or six mistakes, even though he played over 500 games at the top level. He became a natural fall guy and a soft target. To ridicule Sprake was an effective way to ridicule Leeds United. However, this prevalent public image is t a viewpoint shared by other contemporaries and opponents who argue Gary was in fact one of the greatest goalkeepers of his generation. Written by his nephew Stuart, with Gary's full commitment, it will explore the reasons why Gary has been much maligned and the controversy of bribery and corruption.
- Author BiographyHis nephew Stuart Sprake and co-author Tim Johnson both Lecture in further education. Stuart teaches Social Policy and Sociology whilst Tim lectures in History and Politics. They are both keen followers of football in general and Leeds Utd in particular.
- Author(s)Stuart Sprake,Tim Johnson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.