All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen you think of the Caribbean, a hundred beautiful cliches come to mind - white sand, blue sky, salty breezes and balmy nights. But what of the food? Eating is at the heart of Caribbean life: people come together in the kitchen, someone starts cooking and soon there is laughter, music and fantastic food. Shivi Ramoutar grew up in Trinidad, Leicester and London. As a supperclub host and pop-up chef, Shivi turned to her favourite Caribbean dishes for inspiration. Her recipes are a wonderful melting pot of flavours: traditional Coconut Chicken Rundown sits alongside Red Bean and Spinach Mac 'n' Cheese and Baked Eggs Creole. Her food is fresh and zingy, exciting and exotic, but also satisfyingly homely and hearty. And t forgetting the fun - Salted Tamarind Caramel Sundae, Smashed Banana Pancakes and Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake - without which the book just wouldn't be Caribbean.
- Author BiographyThe Guardian has dubbed Shivi the 'Caribbean Food Supremo' and Shivi continues to host her own events, including her *Lime supperclub in London as well as for Jamie Oliver's Food Foundation, plus pop-ups at Feast Food Festival and a takeover at Le Coq. Shivi also teaches Caribbean cookery classes at Divertimenti and her recipes have already been featured in the Guardian, The Sunday Times, Delicious, Good Things magazine and Metro. Shivi was also a contestant on Masterchef in 2013.
- Author(s)Shivi Ramoutar
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Book Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1056 g
- Width195 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.