Caribbean Women Novelists: An Annotated Critical Bibliography by ABC-CLIO (Hardback, 1993)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $150.89+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $52.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive, antated bibliography of works by and about Caribbean women velists from 1950 to the present covers velists from all Caribbean islands and Surinam writing in English, Spanish, French, Dutch, and their dialects. Entries on some 150 individual writers are organized alphabetically and comprise a biographical sketch, data on vels with plot sypses, a listing of other kwn publications in all genres, as well as antated criticism and reviews. Included are translations, interviews, recorded materials, and broadcast literature. Sources range from publications of major presses and journals in various countries and languages to dissertations and items from local newspapers and small presses. Preceding the author entries is a Bibliography of General Works covering criticism; bibliographies, both regional and for individual countries; and bio-bibliographical reference books. Alternative means of access are provided by a List of Authors by Country and indexes of vels, critics, and themes and key words. A guide to resources on literature of the Netherlands Antilles is included as an appendix. Caribbean literature--and Caribbean women writers in particular--is one of the fastest growing fields of literary study. Additionally, the Caribbean presents an ideal laboratory for other areas of intense research: comparative literatures and post-colonial studies. This bibliography serves these interests, placing special emphasis on common themes and techniques that transcend national boundaries and linguistic differences.
- Author BiographyLIZABETH PARAVISINI-GEBERT is Associate Professor at Vassar College, and former Chair of the Puerto Rican Studies Department at Lehman College, City University of New York. She is coeditor of an anthology of short stories by Caribbean women, Green Cane and Juicy Flotsam, and an anthology of erotic writings by Latin American women published in Spanish and English. Her other publications inclue critical editions of works of Ana Rogue and Phyllis Shand Allfrey, dozens of book chapters, journal articles, and reviews in English and Spanish, and English-Spanish and Spanish-English translations. OLGA TORRES-SEDA is Assistant Professor and Reference Librarian at Lehman College, City University of New York. She has published several bibliographies in reference books, critical studies, and anthologies, including Green Cane and Juicy Flotsam, coedited by Lizabeth Paravisini-Gebert, and is a contributor to the annual Bibliography of Caribbean Bibliographies. She is presently working on an annotated bibliography of contemporary Puerto Rican novelists and short story writers and an index to Puerto Rican poetry.
- Date of Publication26/01/1993
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in World Literature
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 36.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight802 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byLizabeth Paravisini-Gebert,Olga Torres-Seda
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.