CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionCARING FOR SCHOOL-AGE CHILDREN, International Edition, presents the most pertinent information needed by those involved in after-school programs. Current research has established the importance of quality after-school programs due to their tremendous impact on children's academic achievement, overall happiness, and self-esteem. To address this reality, the new edition presents the latest research and information on school-age child care, and offers numerous practical applications and activities that can be put to use immediately in a child care setting.
- Author BiographyJennifer Parker is currently a professor of Early Childhood Education Studies at Moorpark College, Moorpark, California. She recently was instrumental in adding a school-age component to the child development degree program. Her classes include students with diverse backgrounds and experience, ranging from entry level to those who are currently teaching in early childhood programs. She received her Master's Degree from California State University, Northridge, and has had extensive experience working with children, families, and adults. She founded a parent-support program for infants and toddlers in a developmentally appropriate environment and has been a lead kindergarten teacher in an on-campus demonstration school. She is currently a member of an evaluation team using the School Age Environmental Rating Scale to evaluate a multi-site before-and-after school child care program. Phyllis Click obtained her bachelor and master's degrees from the University of California at Berkeley in psychology and child development. Throughout a long career, she worked in various settings with children and adults. She has taught in preschools, worked in summer camps, and developed and taught in a program for autistic children. She has also worked with adults, taught college students, administered grant programs, and designed a curriculum for prospective teachers for a private college. Now retired, she has been a consultant who has helped others start or administer programs, and has published widely. Her publications include another textbook, articles in professional journals, and ancillary materials for other authors? texts. She belongs to the National Association for the Education of Young Children, the California School-Age Consortium, and the Association for Childhood Education International.
- Author(s)Jennifer Parker,Phyllis Click
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width200 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement6th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.