All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst performed in Berlin in 1821, Der Freischutz is recognized as the wellspring of German Romantic opera. It was immensely influential in subject matter, atmosphere, orchestration, and other aspects on all later German operatic writing, and it is still quite popular.The composition of Der Freischutz occupied Weber for an unusually long time. He started in July 1819 and did t complete the work until May 1880. Based on the short story Der Freischutz in the Gespensterbuch (Book of Ghosts) by August Apel and Friedrich Laun, its highly romantic aspects include a dark, mysterious forest setting, populated by lusty huntsmen and abounding in evil and magical overtones.This edition reproduces the full orchestral score in a clear, modern engraving for easy reading and study, with large legible tation. Do t confuse this with a pia rendering; it is a full orchestral score. In addition to its obvious uses for study, this score is also indispensable for anyone listening to recordings. In other manner can the listener keep full awareness of the orchestral richness of this opera. The complete German text, including all spoken dialogue, accompanies the music.
- Author(s)Carl Maria Von Weber
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/06/1977
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleDover Music Scores
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Notechiefly music
- Weight575 g
- Width229 mm
- Height303 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.