All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionAs founder of the person-centred approach, Carl Rogers (1902-1987) is arguably the most influential psychologist and psychotherapist of the 20th century. This book provides unique insights into his life and a clear explanation of his major theoretical ideas. This Third Edition is co-authored by Brian Thorne and Pete Sanders, leading person-centred practitioners and bestselling authors. Pete Sanders contributes a new chapter on The Ongoing Influence of Carl Rogers , covering topics such as research, the emerging tribes in person-centred tradition, and its interaction with the medical profession. Brian Thorne draws on his experience of having kwn and worked with Rogers to beautifully describe the way in which Rogers worked with clients and from that, to draw out the practical implications of what is, in effect, a functional philosophy of human growth and relationships. In the twenty years since the first edition of Carl Rogers appeared, the book has continued to provide an accessible introduction for all practitioners and students of the person-centred approach.
- Author BiographyBrian Thorne is Emeritus Professor of Counselling at the University of East Anglia and a Founder Member of The Norwich Centre for Personal and Professional Development. He is also a Professor of Education in the College of Teachers and co-author (with Dave Mearns) of the bestselling books, Person-Centred Counselling in Action, Second Edition (SAGE, 1999) and Person-Centred Therapy Today (SAGE, 2000).
- Author(s)Brian Thorne,Pete Sanders
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleKey Figures in Counselling and Psychotherapy Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight295 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.