All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.69
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together new work along with poems gathered from nine previous collections. When Linda Pastan's first book was published in 1971, the Jerusalem Post wrote, she in large measure fulfilled Emerson's dream - the revelation of 'the miraculous in the common.' Since then Pastan has continued to explore the complexities, passion, and dangers under the surfaces of ordinary life. Some critics point to Emily Dickinson when citing Pastan's lapidary style and metaphysical wit, a comparison that does justice to either poet when Pastan is at her best. - Gettysburg Review Pastan's unfailing mastery of her medium holds the darkness firmly in check. - New York Times Book Review National Book Award finalist Linda Pastan was Poet Laureate of Maryland from 1991 to 1993.
- Author BiographyLinda Pastan has twice been a finalist for the National Book Award, and in 2003 she won the Ruth Lilly Prize for lifetime achievement. She lives in Potomac, Maryland.
- Author(s)Linda Pastan
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication06/10/1999
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight260 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.