Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.38
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionJenny Pearl, a dancer, falls in love with Maurice Avery, a young dilettante who leaves her when she refuses to become his mistress. Despairingly, she falls into a loveless marriage with Trewhella, a Cornish farmer who becomes insanely jealous when Avery reappears on the scene...Vivid, moving and ultimately tragic, CARNIVAL was first published in 1912 to wide critical acclaim, helping to establish Mackenzie as one of the foremost British velists of his generation. It has since been filmed three times and adapted for the stage and as an opera.
- Author BiographySir Compton Mackenzie, OBE, was born into a theatrical family in 1883. A writer and Scottish nationalist, he published almost a hundred books across a range of different genres, including fiction, history, biography, literary criticism, satire, children's stories and poetry. He is perhaps best known for two comedies set in Scotland, Whisky Galore and The Monarch of the Glen. He died in 1972.
- Author(s)Sir Compton Mackenzie
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication22/11/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Publishers Ltd
- Weight364 g
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.