Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionWouldn't it be wonderful to have been a wealthy, 18th century Aristocratic tobacco farmer in Virginia? Maybe and maybe t. Read more to find out that the farmer was faced with everything from love to bad weather to tobacco worms. A Trip to the Barn When they made it back to the ground, Joseph picked up her skirt and handed it to her. I wish we had a big pile of hay. I've always wondered how it would be to have a young lady in the barn with a big pile of hay. Joseph Borden, you're too much! Carolina gave him a little shove. She walked out of the barn with her skirt in hand. Joseph was behind her, laughing all the way. Like a Bolt of Lightning Joseph stirred in his sleep, as the thunder grew louder and louder. Suddenly he sat straight up in bed. He had heard a loud ise. It shook the windows and jarred the house. His jolt of adrenalin had made him acutely aware that something was t right. He listened intently for an indication of what was amiss. Sensing immediate danger, he thought he would go downstairs and check everything, so he lit a candle from the coals. Unexpected Weather The rough river water began lapping up over the floor of the raft, and the deck became slippery. It was becoming almost impossible to pole the raft with any accuracy. Lightning sparked the sky and temporarily blinded those who looked. Joseph lashed the tiller so it would t swing about suddenly and cause the raft to careen. The end of lash ropes were whipping wildly in the wind. A Boundry Dispute No, Sir, as you can see, the property line runs just the other side of our harvesting, and I'd appreciate your t hitting Wren, Carolina responded. This remark, along with the whack on the arm, infuriated Thomas. The very idea of her telling him where the property line was and how to behave. Striking him on the arm didn't hurt but it was demeaning to a man of his position.
- Author BiographyBarbara Dumas Ballew is an experienced author, genealogist and story teller. Her earlier book, Georgia's Creek to Georgia, is the wonderful story of her ancestral family and their migration from South Carolina to Georgia in the 19th century. She is also the author of two chapter books for young readers and a child's picture book. If you enjoy this book, Carolina Calling, you will also enjoy her sequels, With Sarah Beside Me and The Bordens of Burkesville. Currently a full-time writer, Barbara and her husband reside in the beautiful Smoky Mountains of North Carolina.
- Author(s)Barbara Dumas Ballew
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.