Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis illustrated catalog of examples from the holdings of sixty-five South Carolina art collectors includes exquisite examples of Asian, European, and American fine and decorative arts and reflects the diversity of artistic interests to be found in private collections from the upstate to the lowcountry. This guide originally accompanied a corresponding exhibition held at the Columbia Museum of Art in 2008 in celebration of the tenth anniversary of the museum s expansion and relocation. As such, the works highlighted here reflect the interests also seen in the museum s extensive permanent collections. Showcasing thirty-six examples of Asian art, sixty-six European pieces, and seventy-three American pieces, Carolina Collects includes paintings, prints, and photographs as well as fine and decorative pieces such as furniture, silver, porcelain, and sculptures. There is also a section highlighting more than one hundred representations of modern and contemporary art. This guidebook illustrates the scope of ideas, styles, techniques, media, and subject matter to be found across the diversity of private art collections residing in South Carolina.
- Author(s)Columbia Musuem of Art
- PublisherColumbia Museum of Art
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia Museum of Art
- Weight230 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.