All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionA book that will take the most vice beginner and permit him or her to progress to any level of driving with a clear understanding of how and why things are done. -William E. Miller, M.D., President, American Driving Society [The authors] obviously kw their subject well and treat it with much sensitivity and wisdom. I only wish I had this book before I started my driving program. -Sasha Rockefeller The modern bible of carriage driving . . . w back by popular demand Widely rewned as the definitive book on training the driving horse, Carriage Driving offers an easy-to-follow, practical guide to this increasingly popular sport. The philosophy is simple but remarkably effective: If driving is as much fun for your horse as it is for you, he will be a willing partner in the endeavor. With that in mind, Carriage Driving focuses on building a strong physical, mental, and emotional relationship with your horse. Equine mechanics, selecting the right bit and tack, harnessing, and ground training are just a few of the topics addressed. Drivers at any level will benefit greatly from this groundbreaking book, which has stood for more than a decade as the preeminent resource on training a balanced, responsive, and safe driving horse.
- Author BiographyHEIKE BEAN is the foremost authority on carriage driving, with over thirty years' experience teaching in the United States and Germany.SARAH BLANCHARD is a licensed riding instructor and equine writer for Horse Illustrated and other magazines.
- Author(s)Heike Bean,Sarah Blanchard
- PublisherHowell Books
- Date of Publication15/10/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHowell Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Joan Muller
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.