Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionPatrick Friesen's newest collection is a haunting ode to the lives we have felt too briefly, kwn only in passing and yearn to hold still. While those who loved them keen softly between his lines, Friesen invokes their loss as one remembers a cool breath on the back of the neck, a faint shadow on a headstone, a watermark on the bed stand. With wisdom and beauty and invention, Friesen walks us through the graveyard of human kind where a symphony of voices still conduct the lives left behind long after they depart flesh for spirit. Intermingling prose poems and traditional free verse, Friesen both narrates and sings the stories of absence and forgetting, tales of lingering memory and fleeting love. With infinite candour and sensitivity, Friesen celebrates the lives of idols and icoclasts, wives and widows, farmers and free-loaders. For anyone who has urged ather title in the can of Friesen's award-winning work, here is a collection worthy of accolade. Death has dominion, but poetry has dominion over all.
- Author BiographyPatrick Friesen is the author of Blasphemer's Wheel, winner of the Manitoba Book of the Year Award and runner-up for the Milton Acorn People's Poetry Award. A Broken Bowl was short-listed for the Governor General's Award. His work St. Mary at Main was shortlisted for the Dorothy Livesay Poetry Prize. He has also written for stage, radio, TV and film. He lives in Vancouver where he teaches writing.
- Author(s)Patrick Friesen
- PublisherPress Porcepic,Ontario
- Date of Publication19/06/1999
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPress Porcepic,Ontario
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.