All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis handsome mograph charts the evolution of one of the most coveted items of modern style, showcasing the extra-ordinary craftsmanship of the House of Cartier. The Tank Watch, the classic timepiece designed by Louis Cartier in 1917, is an icon of modern timepiece design. Whether fashioned from gold or platinum, and embellished with precious gemstones or vermeil faces, the distinctive square face and smooth lines make it instantly recognizable. One of the worlds first square wristwatches (the first was the legendary Santos Dumont designed by Cartier in 1904), the Tank Watchs functionality is rivaled only by its elegance; it represents a perfect combination of fine watch-making and the jewelers art. Over nearly a century, the Tank has been creatively reinterpreted by the House in many famous modelsfrom the Chinese Tank to the Crash Watch to the recent Tank Anglaisewhile always remaining faithful to Louis Cartiers original concept. Cartier: The Tank Watch celebrates the history of one of Cartiers greatest masterpieces through designs from Cartiers rich archives, historical models, and photographs of the famous clients, from Clark Gable to Andy Warhol, who have chosen the Tank Watch as their favorite timepiece.
- Author BiographyFranco Cologni, writer and historian, is the author of numerous books on the history of watch making and jewelry, including The Cartier Collection: Timepieces (2006) and Cartier: The Tank Watch (1998), both published by Flammarion. Eric Sauvage is a prominent luxury and lifestyle photographer.
- Author(s)Franco Cologni
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication03/09/2012
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight1710 g
- Width245 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.