All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor anyone who's ever had trouble rendering the human face, the newly expanded and revised edition of Carving the Human Face , is the ticket to creating realistic portraits. From a world champion carver kwn for his lifelike busts, this updated book includes new patterns and photographs, in addition to valuable information on techniques for creating realistic hair, facial features, realistic skin and muscle, hats and head dresses. Phares provides tips for fixing common anatomical errors and information about proper tool use. This title features an exhaustive step-by-step project, including over 350 demonstration photographs, that guides readers from a block of butternut to a finished mask of a Native American warrior. It also includes a gallery of Jeff Phares' amazing work that offers untold inspiration too!
- Author BiographyJeff Phares is world-renowned for his realistic carvings of Native Americans, frontiersmen and soldiers. He travels across America instructing carvers in making human busts.
- Author(s)Jeff Phares
- PublisherFox Chapel Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationEast Petersberg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFox Chapel Publishing
- Content Notefull colour throughout, over 350 photographs, includes patterns
- Weight590 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $7.52Trending at AU $8.17
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.65
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.29
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.74
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $27.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.