Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionCary Grant, one of the most enduring stars in the history of Hollywood history, is the subject of this unique bio-bibliography that places equal emphasis on the actor's professional and private lives. Each chapter examines a different aspect of Grant's life and career, beginning with a biography and a chrology of important events. Comprehensive listings of Grant's films, stage appearances, radio and television credits, and recordings thoroughly trace his professional life, while an antated bibliography provides important material for further research. This entry in the series is particularly well written, and includes considerable and valuable documentation. Recommended. Classic Images One of the biggest stars that Hollywood ever produced, Cary Grant was a unique performer with an instantly recognizable persona and an appeal that lasted well beyond his retirement from the screen. Adept at playing both comic and dramatic roles, and as comfortable in a romantic scene as he was with a pratfall, Grant eventually became something of an icon, a romantic idol whom women wanted to love and men wanted to emulate. This bio-bibliography provides an overview of the life and career of this superstar, and, unlike other biographies, it gives as much weight to Grant the star as it does to Grant the private person. The book contains several sections that highlight individual aspects of Grant's life and career. The biographical sections review the personal facts of the actor's life, from his lower-class birth in England to his screen stardom in America, while a chrology presents an overview of the important professional and personal events in his life. Four separate chapters detail Grant's career, providing comprehensive listings of his films, stage appearances, radio and television credits, and recordings. The book concludes with an antated bibliography of articles published in books and periodicals, as well as a subject index. This work will be a welcome resource for film fans and scholars, and an important reference for courses in film history. It will also be a valuable addition to both public and academic libraries.
- Author BiographyBEVERLEY BARE BUEHRER is a contributor to The Magill Survey of Cinema and a free-lance writer. She has published numerous non-fiction articles, has been published in Video and Video Times magazines, and has written film reviews for Video Times. In addition, she is the author of Japanese Films (forthcoming) and has been selected for inclusion in Who's Who in U.S. Writers, Editors, and Poets for the past two years.
- Author(s)Beverley Bare Buehrer
- Date of Publication20/04/1990
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleBio-Bibliographies in the Performing Arts
- Series Part/Volume Numberno. 12
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight507 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.