All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $17.02Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe identification and control of food contaminants rely on careful investigation and implementation of appropriate management strategies. Using a wide range of real-life examples, Case studies in food safety and authenticity provides a vital insight into the practical application of strategies for control and prevention. Part one provides examples of recent outbreak investigations from a wide range of experts around the world, including lessons learnt, before part two goes on to explore examples of how the source was traced and the implications for the food chain. Methods of crisis management are the focus of part three, whilst part four provides studies of farm-level interventions and the tracking of contaminants before they enter the food chain. Part five is focussed on safe food production, and considers the challenges of regulatory testing and certification, hygiene control and predictive microbiology. The book concludes in part six with an examination of issues related to food adulteration and authenticity. With its distinguished editor and international team of expert contributors, Case studies in food safety and authenticity is a key reference work for those involved in food production, including quality control, laboratory and risk managers, food engineers, and anyone involved in researching and teaching food safety.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Hoorfar is a Professor and Research Manager at the Technical University of Denmark.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication25/06/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition
- Series Part/Volume Number240
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight760 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJeffrey Hoorfar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.