All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionUsing case studies of successful drug discoveries and launches, this book helps master the necessary kwledge of the drug discovery process. It includes pharmacology, drug metabolism, biology, drug development, and clinical studies. The introduction provides an overview of process, principles, and techlogies and each chapter contains case studies that focus on one therapeutic target. It also offers stories from patients who have used the drugs covered as a way to illustrate the impact medicinal chemistry has on real life.
- Author BiographyXianhai Huang, PhD, is a Principal Scientist at Merck Research Laboratories. Dr. Huang is the inventor or co-inventor on more than forty patents and patent applications. As a mentor in the Schering-Plough chemistry postdoctoral program, Dr. Huang and his group discovered novel synthetic applications of (diacetoxyiodo) benzene and successfully applied the methodology to the total synthesis of psymberin, an antitumor natural product. Robert G. Aslanian, PhD, is an adjunct professor of chemistry at William Paterson University and was formerly a Senior Director of Medicinal Chemistry with the Schering-Plough Research Institute and Merck Research Laboratories. Dr. Aslanian has over twenty-five years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. He is co-inventor on thirty-eight U.S. patents and coauthor on sixty-seven scientific articles and reviews.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1012 g
- Width181 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byRobert G. Aslanian,Xianhai Huang
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.