All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook is comprised of detailed case studies covering challenging real world applications of OR techniques. Among the overall goals of the book is to provide readers with descriptions of the history and other background information on a variety of industries, service or other organizations in which decision making is an important component of their daily operations. The book considers all methods of optimum decision making in order to improve performances. It also compares possible solutions obtained by different approaches, concluding with a recommendation of the best among them for implementation. By exposing students to a variety of applications in a variety of areas and explaining how they can be modeled and solved, the book helps students develop the skills needed for modeling and solving problems that they may face in the workplace. Each chapter of Case Studies in Operations Research: Applications of Optimal Decision Making also includes additional data provided on the book's website on Springer.com. These files contain a brief description of the area of application, the problem and the required outputs. Also provided are links to access all the data in the problem. Finally there are project exercises for students to practice what they have learnt in the chapter, which can also be used by instructors as project assignments in their courses.
- Author BiographyKatta G. Murty teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in linear, integer and non-linear programming and network flows. His recent research includes studies in mathematical programming and its applications as well as research on optimization algorithms. He is the author of five books on linear and non-linear programming and network flows, and an undergraduate text on Operations Research-Deterministic Optimization Models.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/12/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleInternational Series in Operations Research & Management Science
- Series Part/Volume Number212
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note70 black & white illustrations, 93 colour illustrations, 158 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1009 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byKatta G. Murty
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.