All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing a groundbreaking companion book to a bestselling reliability text Reliability is one of the most important characteristics defining the quality of a product or system, both for the manufacturer and the purchaser. One achieves high reliability through careful monitoring of design, materials and other input, production, quality assurance efforts, ongoing maintenance, and a variety of related decisions and activities. All of these factors must be considered in determining the costs of production, purchase, and ownership of a product. Case Studies in Reliability and Maintenance serves as a valuable addition to the current literature on the subject of reliability by bridging the gap between theory and application. Conceived during the preparation of the editors' earlier work, Reliability: Modeling, Prediction, and Optimization (Wiley, 2000), this new volume features twenty-six actual case studies written by top experts in their fields, each illustrating exactly how reliability models are applied. A valuable companion book to Reliability: Modeling, Prediction, and Optimization, or any other textbook on the subject, the book features:* Case studies from fields such as aerospace, automotive, mining, electronics, power plants, dikes, computer software, weapons, photocopiers, industrial furnaces, granite building cladding, chemistry, and aircraft engines* A logical organization according to the life cycle of a product or system* A unified format of discussion enhanced by tools, techniques, and models for drawing one's own conclusions* Pertinent exercises for reinforcement of ideas Of equal value to both students of reliability theory as well as professionals in industry, Case Studies in Reliability and Maintenance should be required reading for anyone seeking to understand how reliability and maintenance issues can be addressed and resolved in the real world.
- Author BiographyWALLACE R. BLISCHKE, holds a PhD in Statistics and serves as Professor Emeritus at Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California. D. N. PRABHAKAR MURTHY, PhD, is Professor of Engineering and Operations Management at the University of Queensland, St. Lucia, Australia. Together they have coauthored Reliability: Modeling, Prediction, and Optimization (Wiley); Warranty Cost Analysis; and Product Warranty Handbook.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication28/01/2003
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleWiley Series in Probability and Statistics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1222 g
- Width166 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edited byD. N. Prabhakar Murthy,Wallace Blischke
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.