All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSleep disorders are increasingly recognized as a major clinical problem, with significant morbidity and considerable ecomic importance. This compendium of case studies presents a diverse range of situations which challenge the problem-solving abilities of all those interested in sleep disorders, covering both common and unusual cases. Each case begins with a clinical history, followed by examination findings and special investigations and culminating in diagsis, treatment and management, with discussion of differential diagsis where appropriate. Focusing attention on the major categories of sleep medicine, including insomnia, hypersomnias, sleep-breathing disorders, parasomnias, movement disorders, circadian dysrhythmias and the neurology of sleep, this clinical guide promotes integrative thinking and diagstic skill. Historical and review citations, illustrations and concise real-life stories stimulate memory and facilitate learning. Written and edited by an international cadre of sleep professionals, this book will inform and challenge established specialists and provide a stimulating teaching tool for those in training.
- Author BiographyAntonio Culebras is Professor of Neurology, Upstate Medical University, and Consultant, The Sleep Center, Community General Hospital, Syracuse, New York, USA. He chairs the Sleep Research Group of the World Federation of Neurology and is former Chair of the Sleep Section of the American Academy of Neurology.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCase Studies in Neurology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note27 b/w illus. 26 colour illus. 6 tables
- Weight880 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAntonio Culebras
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Other
- AU $13.50Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $32.62Trending at AU $42.59
- AU $6.01Trending at AU $7.21
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $20.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.