All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGiven the increasing presence of nprofit organizations and their impact upon American society, colleges and universities are recognizing the need to offer courses and programs to train current and future employees, volunteers, and supporters of the nprofit sector. This volume, featuring empirically-based case studies, provides an opportunity to analyze communication and other organizational issues in nprofit, volunteer, and philanthropic contexts. Each case is designed to help readers critically think about the particular nprofit context, the organizational issues presented, the ways in which those issues could be addressed, whose interests are served, and potential consequences for the organization and its various stakeholders. This collection offers a unique glimpse into everyday issues and challenges related to working in and with nprofit organizations, making it a valuable resource for undergraduate and graduate courses in nprofit management, nprofit communication, voluntarism, philanthropic studies, and social entrepreneurship. Each case also addresses a broader conceptual or theoretical framework of organizational studies, making it appropriate in other organizational communication courses as well.
- Author BiographyJennifer Mize Smith (PhD, Purdue University) is Associate Professor in the Department of Communication at Western Kentucky University. Michael W. Kramer (PhD, University of Texas) is Professor and Chair of the Department of Communication at the University of Oklahoma. He is the lead editor of Volunteering and Communication: Studies from Multiple Contexts (2013) and Volunteering and Communication Volume 2: Studies in International and Intercultural Contexts (2015), both published by Peter Lang.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight330 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byJennifer Mize Smith,Michael W. Kramer
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.