Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
About this product
- DescriptionOn Valentine's Day 1957, Briony Martin is surprised by an invitation to travel with love interest, John Fletcher, to Savannah, Georgia to help him solve a mystery. John is a private investigator, and his mother's childhood friend has requested his assistance in a hair-raising situation involving Sanders Weatherly, sole heir to Weatherly Plantation. Weatherly's housemaid is missing, his young gardener's body is strangely degenerating, and there's evidence of the pararmal at work. Amidst the wild beauty of the plantation's marshlands, river, and sweeping oaks bearded with Spanish moss, Briony senses powerful psychic energy and is able to see spirits. Talk of a witch's hex and a family story about a jeweled necklace stolen from pirates add to the allure. When a decades-old riddle is discovered, it's up to Briony and John to decipher it and determine if it holds the key to the maid's disappearance. In the meantime, their investigation brings to light information showing that each member of the household has a motive for wanting the maid dead. While Briony and John try to determine who is incent and who is guilty of wrongdoing, they're also busy sorting out their feelings for each other. Southern superstition holds fast as the couple faces twists and turns that finally lead to an ending neither of them expected.
- Author BiographyStacey Coverstone is a multi-published author in a variety of genres: paranormal and time travel, humorous women's fiction, contemporary and historical western romance, mysteries and suspense, Gothics and ghost stories, and she's even written a book about a female pirate. She lives in Maryland with her husband, their dogs and cats, and a paint horse named Bill. They have two grown daughters and a baby granddaughter. When she's not writing, Stacey does freelance editing for other authors. She also enjoys reading, photography, target shooting, riding with her husband on their motorcycle, traveling, and making scrapbooks of her adventures. To view all of Stacey's books with blurbs and purchasing links, please visit her website at: http: //www.staceycoverstone.com. If you'd like to be notified of new releases, feel free to subscribe to her announce only newsletter group. You won't receive any spam. You can find all of Stacey's books in the Kindle Store and most of them in paperback. If you enjoyed this story, please consider posting a review on Amazon. And if you haven't already read them, you might like to check out the two previous books in this series: Book 1: Cries in the Mist Book 2: Deception at Dark Hall Thank you!
- Author(s)Stacey Coverstone
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.